Sunday, December 19, 2010

Winter Wonderland

You have a lot of firsts when a baby is born. First smile, laugh, TOOTH(which we had our first sighting of this week), eating solid food, the list goes on. Today's first is sledding. We were on Old Main Hill at USU, where sledding is quite popular. There are people doing crazy things on this hill (like doing backflips as you shoot the stair gap) so the university posted a sign that any activities are at your own risk. With LE's dad around, I'm surprised they weren't trying to ride down the stairs.

LE wasn't quiet sure of the snow. She didn't cry or smile, just looked at it, and tried to eat it. I have fond memories of sledding as a child at Murray Park. When it comes to cold weather, I am a wimp. I remember throwing up several years in a row because my body couldn't handle being cold. I still get sick if I am too cold, and I think of those sledding days on Murray Hill.

Now a word from the doctor..."Now, the Star-Bell Sneetches had bellies with stars. The Plain-Belly Sneetches had none upon thars. Those stars weren’t so big. They were really so small. You might think such a thing wouldn’t matter at all. But, because they had stars, all the Star-Belly Sneetches Would brag, 'We’re the best kind of Sneetches on the beaches.' " (We might have a biased opinion about our little Sneetch.)

Thanks Auntie E for the wonderful Snow suit.

4 comments:

  1. She is too cute! I love that you just see those cheeks poking out from her snow suit! I haven't taken Sadie sledding, hmmm, we may have to. Looks like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...she doesn't look too pleased in these pictures to be honest. :) However, the fact that she wasn't crying the whole time is also a good sign. You got some cute pictures though, they look even cooler since it's snowing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks like quite the cute, cozy sneech! New teeth are fun. Matthew has two (one last Sunday, the one the Sunday before...or maybe it's the only time I get to pay attention to him and, therefore, the only chance to notice--actually I had checked the day before).

    ReplyDelete